Nepal is an astonishingly beautiful and diverse country, ranging from the well-known peaks of the Himalayas to the low-lying regions of the Terai. The Nepali people also foster a wealth of cultural diversity, with over 70 languages or dialects and scores of traditional festivals celebrated throughout the year. The nation deserves to take pride in having a unique, and indeed very rich cultural and historical background.
However, Nepal is also one of the most under-developed countries in the world, with low rates of literacy, high rates of poverty and a persistent gender imbalance. The government is frequently unable to provide adequate education and health facilities throughout the country and both urban and rural areas are forced to live without necessary resources to promote growth and development of their communities:
Why Volunteer with Us?
Volunteer Society Nepal (VSN) seeks to address these issues of literacy, poverty and gender imbalance by partnering with institutions and organizations in Nepali communities and ensures that the progress made is sustainable. VSN co-ordinates construction, health, environmental, educational and income generating projects throughout economically poor areas of Nepal. These projects provide opportunities for national and international volunteers to assist in the development of Nepal. Volunteer Society Nepal also runs a cultural exchange program, Nepali language and cultural classes and a homestay program in Nepal.
Volunteering in Nepal can be an extremely rewarding and life-changing experience. Your efforts can bring great changes in the lives of individual people and the wider community. This cannot be said enough. In the difficult times that Nepal is now facing, your contribution of time or resources is extremely valuable.
Our mission is to mobilise as many volunteers as possible to improve this situation. We do this by being flexible to your needs and keeping costs low. Our unique position as a wholly Nepali organization means we know our country better and this allows us to reduce overheads, yet still provide fantastic service equal to the high cost international agencies. From the the very first day of our volunteers’ arrival until your departure from Nepal, we do everything possible to make sure our volunteers will have a safe, meaningful and pleasant stay. We make sure all our volunteers are well prepared before beginning work as a volunteer, we provide you orientations, training in Nepali language, culture, work practices and guided sight-seeing.
What differentiates us?
- Volunteer Society Nepal (VSN) is founded and run by Nepali professionals, which means more money goes direct to financing the projects that need it so much.
- VSN Nepal has placed hundreds of satisfied volunteers from 17 to 76 years old from all over the world. All of them have had a great experience while they made a meaningful contribution in supporting local disadvantaged & marginalized communities. After returning to their homes safe and sound, some of them have already come back to Nepal and many have made plans to come back soon to join us.
- VSN is founded and run by Nepali professionals, which means more money goes direct to financing the projects that need it so much
- VSN staff collectively have more than 50 years experience of working in leading international volunteer based and development organizations in Nepal
- We are flexible in helping you find your chosen work and we can easily combine multiple projects in one visit.
- Volunteer Society Nepal (VSN) does everything possible to look after our guests’ safety and make sure they will have a meaningful and pleasant stay.
- Volunteer Society Nepal (VSN) is pleased to share with you that we are the only volunteer placement organization which has established several projects namely
- A charitable school in Nepal which has more than 650 students.
- A women center with literacy class and tailoring training which provides regular support for more than 30 women.
- A disability center for mentally retarded and physically handicapped children which has more than 25 children.
- Orphanage support program which provides more than 100 orphaned and destitute children by providing them food, shelter, education and medical services.
- A health clinic.
- Through our projects we have been able to create job opportunities for more than 100 Nepali youths
Email us at: email@example.com